Dental Veneers In Houston | Porcelain Veneers Cost
What Are Dental Veneers?
Dental Veneers are wafer-thin shells custom-made of tooth-colored materials. Porcelain is most often used for veneers because it reflects light the same way that natural teeth do. Veneers are designed to cover the front surface of your teeth.
These shells are bonded to the front of the teeth changing their color, shape, size, or length. They can improve the overall aesthetics of your smile.
What Are The Benefits of Porcelain Veneers?
- Fix Dental Imperfections: Dental Veneers Can be used to correct gaps in your teeth, cracked teeth, crooked teeth, and can give you a perfectly white smile.
- Resembles Natural Teeth: Porcelain mimics the appearance and texture of your natural enamel. The material makes it hard for any person to distinguish the difference between veneers and ordinary teeth.
- Stain Free: Your porcelain veneers are completely stainless! This is an advantage compared to your natural teeth that can stain easily from drinking tea, coffee, and acidic drinks.
- Easy to take care of: After veneers are placed they do not require any special maintenance. You can just continue to practice good oral health practices such as brushing and flossing.
- Stand the test of time: They can last as long as 20+ years! They are a great return on investment and will keep your teeth protected the entire time you have them.
What Is The Process For Veneers?
The first visit will consist of initial consultation with Dr.Samo. The doctor will carefully examine your teeth before your veneer treatment.
Then he will determine the number of veneers that will be needed. Also, the right shape, size, and colors that are needed will be chosen at this time.
When the veneers are ready to be placed a small amount of tooth structure (enamel) must be removed. This will make room for the porcelain veneer and help avoid making the tooth look big and bulky.
The tooth preparation is limited to the enamel and usually involves only a few surfaces of the tooth, unlike a dental crown or cap. A prosthodontist uses porcelain veneers to improve the appearance of teeth and to even close spaces or gaps between teeth.
How Much Do Dental Veneers Cost?
The price for veneers is usually measured in units. The cost varies depending on what cosmetic dentistry you visit, the materials used, and the complexity of the case.
There are many determining factors for this cosmetic procedure. Every person's individual case will be the final deciding factor on the number of expenses incurred.
Therefore, the best way to know what your final cost will be is to consult with Dr. Samo.
How Can Dental Veneers Be More Affordable?
The cost of veneers can seem overwhelming for some patients. Especially for anyone that has more complex issues or requires more than one veneer.
iSmile Specialists offers great financing options that can help break up your payments and make your treatment much more affordable. Again, it is always best to consult with the doctor first to get the best idea of your overall expenses.
What Are The Most Common Uses Of Veneers?
Veneers can help with a number of different dental problems. Simple spacing issues can be corrected without the use of orthodontic treatment.
Also, teeth that are shaped differently can be made to match your other natural teeth for a more even smile.
Teeth whitening is not always enough to treat severely discolored teeth. A veneer can easily cover the discoloration and make your teeth look just like new!
Dr. Samo has been using veneers to treat a variety of cosmetic cases such as:
- Small teeth to match the size of these teeth to the other ones.
- Colored teeth as a result of aging or certain medications when power bleaching had failed to achieve a satisfactory outcome
- Slightly crooked teeth if the bite is perfect to do so and the patient does not want to do braces or Invisalign
- Broken and chipped teeth
How Long Will My Veneers Last?
They are highly resistant to staining. It is always important to practice proper dental hygiene to prevent any type of gum disease. Brushing and flossing daily will help all your teeth including the veneer to last longer.
Are Dental Veneers for Teens?
Because veneers are a permanent solution to your dental problem, the patient usually has to complete his/her growth before considering permanent dental work.
As a rule of thumb, usually, girls finish their growth around 18-19 and boys around 20-21. Again, the best thing is to schedule a free consult with Dr. Samo and seek his opinion.
Dr. Samo Top Dental Veneer Specialist In Houston, TX
It is essential that you choose a doctor like Dr. Samo that has had hundreds of successful cases. With years of experience, you can feel confident that you will receive the highest quality of work.
He will use his extensive knowledge to map out your smile with great precision! You will get a completely personalized beautiful smile that you will want to share with the entire world!
Here are some veneer cases that Dr. Samo has done with an excellent outcome