Root Canal In Houston, TX | Root Canal Cost 2021
This treatment option can seem a little scary, but learning about this very common procedure can definitely put your mind at ease.
Our expert local Houston Dentist Dr. Samo performs this procedure to save you from having a tooth extraction.
What Exactly Is A Root Canal Treatment?
During the treatment the infected pulp in the tooth is removed, then the inside of the roots is thoroughly cleaned, filled, and sealed.
This process will ensure that the infection does not return but most importantly saves your natural teeth from having to be extracted.
How Do I Know If I Need A Root Canal?
The need for a root canal can come as a result of poor dental hygiene, genetics, or even injury.
In most cases, a person will experience high sensitivity in their teeth that will cause discomfort or tooth pain.
- Chipped or Cracked Tooth
- Swollen Inflamed Gums
- Lingering sensitivity to cold or hot foods
- Darkening gums or teeth
- Small pimple or bump on the gums
What Are Steps Involved In Root Canal Treatment?
This dental procedure is a completely standardized process that works to remove the infection in the root of the tooth.
The process for this dental work is as follows:
- An x-ray will first be taken to determine the severity of the infection.
- The first step of the actual root canal will involve receiving a local anesthetic to numb the infected tooth area from feeling any pain or discomfort.
- The next step will be for your endodontist or dentist to drill a hole in your tooth to create an opening for special tools that are used to remove the damaged pulp or nerves.
- Once the infection has been removed, your dentist will carefully clean and disinfect the area.
- After the teeth are cleaned, the root will be sealed with a rubber compound either temporarily or permanently depending on the need for a crown. The hole will be covered by a filling.
- The last step is to fit your tooth with a crown. In some cases, a filling will be enough to finish the process, but a root canal can leave your teeth more vulnerable to breaking particularly if it’s a molar or a front tooth. In this case, it is recommended that you get a dental crown to keep the tooth structure intact.
How Much Does A Root Canal Cost?
The number of roots needing to be removed will affect the overall pricing for a root canal.
Costs will be different for each person. Consulting with your dentist will give you the best idea of the final dollar amount.
Does Dental Insurance Cover A Root Canal?
Your dental insurance plan will determine how much will be covered during a root canal.
For the most part, insurance takes care of 100% of the expenses in preventive and diagnostic work.
Most major procedures incur some out-of-pocket expenses regardless of your insurance provider. On average, about 35% - 80% of the cost for endodontic treatment will be covered.
Are There Any Additional Costs For Root Canal Therapy?
In most cases, after the root canal is completed, the tooth becomes more fragile and a dental crown will be required.
The crown will help to protect the newly restored tooth
Metal and Gold Crowns can range a lot higher between $900 - $2400 per tooth.
The complexity of the procedure will also determine the final numbers for this procedure.
A consultation with our doctor is the best way to find out what a root canal will cost you.
Additional Payment Options
You will always receive the best possible pricing with the highest quality of work.
Our dental office offers convenient payment plans that can break up your expenses to make them more manageable.
What Is Included In My Consultation?
- All new patients will receive a $50 in-depth consultation.
- X-rays, exams, and expert consultation.
- The best treatment options will be discussed with no obligation.
- Pricing will be determined.